Ace Specialties, a national leader in promotional marketing, has an opening for a Printing Technician to join our team! Our ideal candidate has experience operating both latex flatbed printers and roll-to-roll latex printers, and engraving. Ace Specialties is a fast-growing company based in Lafayette, LA. Ace Specialties provides E-Commerce, Fulfillment, Marketing, Promotional and Political Solutions for clients around the USA. We specialize in taking our client’s brands to the next level and challenge ourselves to deliver exceptional results for each client.
- Operate HP Digital Presses.
- Utilize designated software to manipulate the customer supplied database files in preparation for digital print services.
- Be responsible for the daily metrics of assigned presses (scrap, efficiency, run time).
- If daily metrics and or quality standards are not being met, you are responsible to troubleshoot the issue and make adjustments accordingly to continue production.
- Responsible for production quality of assigned daily presses such as random production samples.
- Perform size changes and/or set ups for all presses following established work instructions.
- Provide color management support on every project.
- Understand the dye sublimation process and how each step affects color and quality.
- Recognize how fabric sublimates and reacts to certain temperatures while transferring.
- Produce high-quality printed and etched custom designs/logos on glassware products for customers by maintaining and operating pad print and laser engraving equipment; all the while maintaining safety, quality and efficient production processes.
- Work closely with the Production Lead to schedule jobs for print production.
- Follow all safety procedures put into place for production, size changes and set-ups.
- Occasional preventative maintenance to keep machines running properly.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks for printing or other departments as directed by leadership team.
- Complete technical training on all new equipment as assigned.
- Cross-train in warehouse tasks and fill in when needed (lifting, packing, arranging, shipping product).
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years (minimum) digital print experience.
- Computer skills are required – versed in various computer programs focused on digital printing.
- Dye sublimation experience, preferred.
- Prepress artwork setup experience, preferred.
- Ability to be trained on all equipment and procedures.
- Ability to manage high volume production with high accuracy.
- Ability to learn, reference and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, such as: ink formulation, machine set up and adjustment, quality work, etc.
- Ability to work quickly, multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy (i.e. attention to detail and organizational skills are a must).
- Mechanical mindset and willingness to learn.
- Ability to reason and troubleshoot machine problems.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, but also as part of a larger team whose goals are 100% on-time delivery and error-free production.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 50 lbs. when necessary.
About Ace Specialties LLC
We offer: competitive pay, direct deposit, medical, dental and vision insurance, supplemental insurance(s), along with selected paid holidays, PTO.
Learn more about Ace Specialties at: acespecial.com
Job Type: Full-time